Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday Night Sushi - Akane

Whenever the hub and I do sushi, it's usually a spur-of-the-moment deal. Last Friday was no exception. After shopping at REI for running gear we sped to Los Altos only to wait over an hour to get a seat at the bar. Fifteen minutes before closing time we were lucky enough to land two seats in front of master chef, Shin. He took real good care of us, as you can tell in the following pictures.


Tenth Degree Jinju
We shared our sake with all the chefs and
Chef Shin shared with us his current favorite sake, on the house.



Amaebi


 Maguro


Aji


 Hamachi


 Tombo


Tai


Special Compliments of the Chef!
Grilled Tai (I think?)



Uni
I don't even like Uni all that much (I know, blasphemy, right?), and this was incredible.
My favorite dish of the night.


Another on-the-house dish was Mirugai (Geoduck), which we were unfortunately too hammered tipsy to capture on photo. 

This was by far the best time we've had at Akane. I'm absolutely certain we'll come back again on a Friday night when the fish is freshest.

3 comments:

  1. Dude we needta go. 'Nuff sed.

    - Elt

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not blasphemy, I'm not crazy about uni either. But I like certain types of catfish roe :D
    It was great meeting you today at Teance! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise :D I'm not sure if I've ever tried catfish roe, but I am pretty sure I like all types of it!

      Delete